Saturday, June 12, 2010

The song

It hypnotizes me,
that song from afar,
Its sweetness insults my loneliness.
Intensely torn is my heart,
am I being pulled in another bout of helplessness?

The sands of the desert it seems,
are wondering which path will I choose,
will I stay put with the dreary and familiar,
or will I again in hope of freedom cut loose?

The large setting sun drowns itself away.
Is it trying to give me a warning?
Could the owner of this beautiful voice
be as selfish as the song is charming?


The soft wind whirls around my face,
advising me to not be so cynical.
The musical sensuality has blended within,
once again forcing me to act whimsical.

My mind wavers again.
Should i crawl in pain to quench my thirst?
"NO",wrestles my conscience,
those seductive tones might well be cursed.

And though I know not,
where these sonorous layers will lead me eventually,
A faint idea comes flowing by,
I choose to inch towards deep dark melancholy

-
Abbas

No comments: