Wednesday, May 18, 2011

They

They said they would melt the winds,
They said they would boil the skies,
They said they would snatch it back,
And give to me all that was mine.

They told me impatience was good,
They taught me vengeance was fuel,
They insisted I trample on others' smiles,
Because others' lives are meant to be ruled.

They tempted me to cross the line,
To lose any semblance of mind,
They promised an askew justice,
One neither sober nor kind.

The sun started to fade away,
Even he had decided to part ways,
If only I could've grasped some fortitude,
In those quick disappearing rays.

The one dressed in black blew his breath on a harmonica,
He did it for a hearty reason.
They tried to pull me away from him,
Because he often warned me of their treason.

They own a force that's brute & raw,
Their illusion of comfort leads to the throes of insanity
They push & pull with wholesome vigor,
Till you're only left with the memories of morality.

As I stand perched on the edge,
The faint music with it's humble message flies,
I shall miss the blowing wind,
I shall miss the blue skies.

-Abbas

6 comments:

Giribala said...

Very nice!! Moral: Don't always believe them, use your own judgement :-)

Abbas Momin said...

Exactly! Use your own Judgement. Thank you for commenting, I'm glad you liked it :-)

Ashish Ddavidd said...

im no expert, but i like what i read. :-)

Abbas Momin said...

Thank you CBA. I am no expert either but I write what I feel :-)

Unknown said...

awesome buddy....keep it up....
theres a one day.....they r gonna call u up for a reward.. nd i l be dh one to take ur pik..

Abbas Momin said...

Ha ha! Hope so buddy, thanks.