Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Deceptive Paradise


Sometimes you put out the fire you nurtured with your own hands,
Pluck out the petals from the grasps of the harsh sand

Turn away from your own deceptive paradise,
Solemnly bury the reveries, they suffered a sad demise

Stranded and lost your utopia diminished,
Phrases unsaid desires unfinished

Once again you try and take solace in the mundane,
One step closer and the hypocrites call you insane

Shun reality to pursue the make believe,
Plenty to rejoice. aplenty to grieve

Lovingly build sand castles in the air,
Waiting till the next time life decides to be unfair.

-Abbas


2 comments:

Priya Bala said...

I wonder what triggered you to write this, but its lovely. Good use of irony and paradoxes
Phrases unsaid desires unfinished... that's my favorite line :)

Abbas Momin said...

An upheaval in my personal life caused me to write this. I am glad you like & appreciate it. Thank you :)